Your oral health is very important to your overall health. It alerts your doctor to what is going on in your body. Taking good care of your mouth is essential because it can help you avoid several tooth disorders such as bad breath, cavities, and gum disease.
HIV infection, Coeliac disease or Crohn’s disease, blood disorders, skeletal osteoporosis, bulimia or anorexia, and other chronic diseases can all be detected through your mouth. The saliva in your mouth indicates the presence of several components in your body, such as alcohol, drugs, and antibiotics.
Why is it important to brush your teeth?
Teeth cleaning is essential because it keeps your teeth and gums clean. Brushing, flossing, and choosing the right brush are all important factors in preventing severe tooth infections. A healthy mouth has several advantages, including:
- Allows the physical body to be nourished
- Prevents gum disease and tooth decay.
- Reduces the likelihood of having fatal events such as heart attacks and stroke
- It improves social interaction.
- Identifies early signs of several chronic diseases
- Self-esteem is increased.
- It improves feelings of well-being.
How Oral Health Affects Overall Health:
Normally, bacteria in your mouth are harmless. Although these bacteria are not harmful, they can contribute to tooth decay and gum infections. Natural defences, such as daily brushing and flossing, can help manage and control bacteria. Antibacterial rinses can also be used to keep bacteria from accumulating in your teeth.
If left unchecked, this bacteria multiplies and causes a variety of oral infections, including tooth decay and gum infections. These infections can affect the bones that support your teeth and spread to other parts of your body
The following conditions have been linked to overall health:
- Cardiovascular illness
- Pregnancy and childbirth
Oral Health Risk Factors:
The following are a few risk factors that an oral disease has in common with other chronic diseases:
- Tobacco smoking and chewing
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Personal hygiene
- Accidental injuries
- Managing Stress and Control
- Social and economic standing
Tips for Maintaining Oral Health:
Here are some tips for keeping your teeth healthy:
- Select a soft toothbrush with a small head.
- Consider replacing your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- Brush your teeth for at least 5 minutes twice a day.
- Rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste.
- Adapt proper tooth flossing techniques
- Avoid smoking and using tobacco products.
- Chew healthy gum made from xylitol or peelu
- Keep your tongue clean to maintain fresh breath.
Consult your doctor for a proper teeth examination. Novacare Dental is a leading dental clinic in Karve Road Kothrud. We offer a wide range of dental treatments including teeth whitening, root canal, crowns and bridges, implants, dentures and more.
Best Oral Health Foods
Acidic foods pose a significant risk to the enamel of your teeth. Consider foods that can increase saliva production. The following foods can help to maintain healthy teeth and gums:
- Raw vegetables
- Sugar-free chewing gum
- Mints with no added sugar
- Leafy greens
Regular dental visits are critical for the health of your teeth and your overall health. Teeth are intricately linked to other body parts, and improper care can lead to a variety of ailments including heart disease, gingivitis, clogged arteries, premature birth, chronic infections, and many others. Make an appointment with the Best Dentist in Kothrud, Pune if you are seriously concerned about your oral health.